Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will take place Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any subject not on the current agenda concerning county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action from this item must be scheduled on a future agenda.
2. COMMISSIONERS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of these reports will be placed on a future agenda for action.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for informational purposes only. Any action that needs to be taken on the basis of this report will be placed on a future agenda for action.
4. CONSENT ITEMS:
a. To record the employment of Ryan McKinley as Operator with Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #1 effective January 3, 2023 at the starting salary of $20.00 per hour.
b. To record a change in status of employment for Jason Ross from Mechanic to Operator with the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #4 effective December 21, 2022 at the rate of $19.77 per hour.
c. To record the employment of Holden Cummings as Mechanic with Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #4 effective December 21, 2022 at the starting salary of $23.55 per hour.
d. To record the employment of Bruce Koch as Deputy Sheriff with Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective January 2, 2023 at the starting salary of $24.47 per hour.
e. To record the employment of Kassi Cuff as County Court at Law Court Reporter effective January 1, 2023 at the starting salary of $70,567.00 annually.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. To approve and record a request by Silver Hill III Midstream, LLC to place a 4″ line within the right-of-way of Panola County Road #3150.
b. To approve and record a request by Silver Hill III Midstream, LLC to place 4″ lines within the right-of-way of Panola County Roads #326 & 3263.
a. To record Statement of Office and Oath of Office forms for Panola County Emergency Services District No. 1 Board member Stuart Lipsey.
b. To record Statement of Office and Oath of Office forms for Panola County Deputy Tax Assessor Collector Dennis Smith.
c. To approve and record 2022 Budget Amendment No. 26.
REQUESTS FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
a. To approve and record a Request for Attendance at a Conference form(s) for the following Panola County elected official(s)/employee(s): Panola County Treasurer Joni W. Reed.
5. To approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. To approve payment of current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To discuss, approve, and record commercial property, equipment, vehicle, and liability insurance coverage offered through the Texas Public Entity Group Interlocal Agreement Self-Insurance League or the Texas Association of Counties pursuant to Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code.
8. To discuss and act upon the Response, Law Enforcement Nonconsent Towing information.
9. To discuss and act upon approving the County Judge to enter into a contract with KSA Engineers, Inc. to do a sight study and a building use plan for Panola County Courthouse.
10. To discuss and act upon approving an Agreement between East Texas Open Door, Inc. and Panola County for services rendered.
11. To appoint members to the Panola County Historical Commission for two year terms commencing January 1, 2023.
12. To discuss and act upon approving a proposal from Hal’s Air Conditioning & Electrical, Inc. for the replacement of Panola County District Clerk’s Office HVAC system.
13. To discuss and act upon cancelling a Lease Agreement with Aaron McMillan for use of the office building garage located at 318 Brownwood Circle, Carthage, Texas.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU